Well, I think the yard is 99% done. I still need to relocate the iris and peony plants....and the nursery still needs to deliver & plant our two trees-a lacebark elm & dwarf atlas cedar that go on either side of the hill. Four beds were added-the rock (center), two flanking the back gate & one along the back wall of the house. We really tried to incorporate plants with rich colored foliage & evergreens in these beds. It was a challenge passing up my usual favorites at the nurseries since our yard has a southern exposure, i.e. full sun all day long! Granted, once the elm gets a few years older, the yard will be more like the old house in terms of shade. We also put in a bed specifically for veggies-it's the one w/the large trellis & tomato cages-the plants don't really show up since they're still so small. I also tried to put some different sedums/rock plants in the wall-hopefully the rains won't wash out all the soil around them! You'll also notice the fences around all the beds....the pups think we put the beds in for them to dig around making 'puppy beds'.....I only threatened their lives a couple of times-mainly after I'd found Oscar 'fluffing' my mulch!
Britton is 5!!!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment